Get your butt to the truck!
One of the things we loved most about Jen was her concern for others. It’s what drove her to create the Go Jen Go Foundation. It’s what kept her motivated even when she was tired, in pain, and feeling discouraged. Above all, she had hope that she could change the fortunes of people who were in dire straits; that her efforts could relieve just a tiny portion of their stress.
One of the perks of the RunJenRun 5K that we haven’t really promoted (until now) is the presence of the mammography truck. Novant Health will be there on Saturday performing mammograms during and after the race. For you women over the age of 35 who have never had a mammogram before (or haven’t had one in a long time), we are going to be Jen’s concerned voice in your ear: “Get your butt to the truck and get it done!”
Here are the criteria:
- You must be 35 years of age or older (as mentioned previously)
- You must have an insurance card and a license
- You must have a primary / OBGYN doctor’s name available
- It’s only for women who haven’t had a mammogram in one year or over
- You must know where your last mammogram was performed (if you’ve had one)
- You can’t have any current breast problems
Jen would be the first person to urge you to get a mammogram. She would support all efforts of early detection so that any woman could be kept from the trauma of breast cancer.
So on Saturday, if you meet this criteria, get your butt to the truck. Do it for yourself. Do it for Jen.